Who can resist these delicious pop in your mouth mini whoopie pies made from a family favorite recipe Carrot Cake & Cream Cheese Frosting.
The trick to making these is to use a mini cupcake pan and only fill it 1/4 of the way. This will make a uniform flat round shape. Take the cream cheese frosting and spread on the flat surface of one carrot cake then top with another. For fun and a festive presentation, roll in colored sugar or sprinkles.
The mini whoopie pies will disappear quickly.
Super Moist Carrot Cake Recipe
• 2 cups all purpose flour
• 2 cups sugar
• 3 cups finely shredded carrots
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 cup vegetable oil
• 4 large eggs
Carrot Cake Cupcakes Recipe Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slightly grease each cavity of the mini cupcake pan. Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix at low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly while mixing. Mix at high speed for 3 minutes, scraping bowl every minute.
Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 8 oz of Philly cream cheese (1 package), room temperature
- 2 – 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- With an electric mixer, mix the butter and cream cheese together, about 3 minutes on medium speed until very smooth. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure even mixing.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix. Slowly add the powdered sugar. Keep adding until you get to desired sweetness and thickness.
- Either spread on with a blunt knife or spatula.