Fall has so many sporting events such as football and baseball, both college or professional, that make for an ideal reason to have a tailgating party. If you have a competitive streak then you can show off your tailgating preparations from elaborate settings with tables, chairs, carpets and grills – all the comforts of home and great food.
The next time you plan to tailgate, here are some tips for you to remember:
- Select food that can either be cooked ahead and easily transported to the event, or cooked at the location on a grill.
- Get a handy portable grill.
- Check with the stadium first to make sure alcoholic beverages are allowed. Make sure to bring bottle openers and corkscrews. Bring plenty of drinking water.
- Bring a large, heavy cloth to spread out the food. If possible bring a table to go under the cloth.
- Pack disposable plates and cups, utensils and napkins in your favorite team’s colors.
- Make clean up easy by bringing trash bags, storage containers for leftover food, paper towels and wet wipes. Safely dispose of any hot coals from your grill and don’t leave a hot grill unattended if you’re heading in to the event.
Tagsappetizers Baby Shower baking Barbecue Beer birthday brunch cake Cakes candy Cheese chocolate Cocktails color crafts Decorations desserts Dips display DIY eco-friendly entertaining flowers games gifts gluten free grilling Halloween Holiday Party invitations Kids Party Ideas Mardi Gras Napkins Natural Ingredients outdoor party Party Favors Party Tips recipe Recipes St. Patrick's Day table setting tableware themes wedding wine