Who can resist these delicious pop in your mouth mini whoopie pies made from a family favorite recipe Carrot Cake & Cream Cheese Frosting.
The trick to making these is to use a mini cupcake pan and only fill it 1/4 of the way. This will make a uniform flat round shape. Take the cream cheese frosting and spread on the flat surface of one carrot cake then top with another. For fun and a festive presentation, roll in colored sugar or sprinkles.
The mini whoopie pies will disappear quickly.
Super Moist Carrot Cake Recipe
• 2 cups all purpose flour
• 2 cups sugar
• 3 cups finely shredded carrots
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 cup vegetable oil
• 4 large eggs
Carrot Cake Cupcakes Recipe Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slightly grease each cavity of the mini cupcake pan. Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix at low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly while mixing. Mix at high speed for 3 minutes, scraping bowl every minute.
Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 8 oz of Philly cream cheese (1 package), room temperature
- 2 – 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- With an electric mixer, mix the butter and cream cheese together, about 3 minutes on medium speed until very smooth. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure even mixing.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix. Slowly add the powdered sugar. Keep adding until you get to desired sweetness and thickness.
- Either spread on with a blunt knife or spatula.
Tagsappetizers Baby Shower baking Barbecue Beer birthday brunch cake Cakes candy Cheese chocolate Cocktails color crafts Decorations desserts Dips display DIY eco-friendly entertaining flowers games gifts gluten free grilling Halloween Holiday Party invitations Kids Party Ideas Mardi Gras Napkins Natural Ingredients outdoor party Party Favors Party Tips recipe Recipes St. Patrick's Day table setting tableware themes wedding wine