Tasting parties are a great way to bring people together and get them talking. For a fiesta theme party, try hosting a Tequila Tasting. Invest in a few premium bottles such as Herradura, Porfidio, Jose Cuervo and Patron and carefully introduce each variety of tequila. Have some hearty and slightly salty nibbles for guests to munch on while sipping through a “Mexican Fight of Tequilas”.
A wonderful way to present the tequilas is to have a sheet printed with 3 circles to place each tequila drink with room below to have the guests make notes on the flavor, aroma and other tasting qualities. Download the sheet here.
Brush up and get more familiar with your knowledge of tequila. Share these quick notes on tequila.
- Premium tequila is distilled from the heart of the blue agave plant which is a cousin to the lily plant but looks like and is often confused as a cactus plant.
- Pure unblended blue agave spirit is bottled in and around the Mexican town, Tequila.
- Distilled agave made outside of Tequila is called “Mezcal”.
- Fine Tequila comes in 3 varieties: Blanco aka Silver which is bottled immediately, Reposado aged 2 – 6 months in oak casks and Anejos are aged for more than a year.
At the end of the evening, you can collect the tasting notes and read out loud to the party guests any amusing or interesting tasting notes and if there is an extra bottle of tequila give that as party prize. If you like to give party favors, have a basket filled with Mini Jose Cuervo Tequila bottles embellished with red whit and green ribbon for a festive fiesta look.
Serve guacamole and chips, shrimp cocktail with a spicy sauce, vegetable crudities and herbed almonds. Also, try this tasty salad which goes well with fine tequilas.
Avocado and Cilantro Salad
- 8 Haas avocados, ripened until just soft to the touch
- 2 medium red onions finely diced
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 3 large lemons
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Warmed pita wedges
Tagsappetizers Baby Shower baking Barbecue Beer birthday brunch cake Cakes candy Cheese chocolate Cocktails color crafts Decorations desserts Dips display DIY eco-friendly entertaining flowers games gifts gluten free grilling Halloween Holiday Party invitations Kids Party Ideas Mardi Gras Napkins Natural Ingredients outdoor party Party Favors Party Tips recipe Recipes St. Patrick's Day table setting tableware themes wedding wine