It seems that Cake Pops are popping up everywhere and who could resist these eye-catching delights. They are sophisticated looking treats yet remarkably simple to make. Take your favorite cake recipe or box mix and with a few easy steps you can make them yourself. Get creative with cake flavors and decorations. Showcase two cake varieties such as red velvet and chocolate for a dramatic presentation. Try them for a kid’s birthday party in place of cupcakes.
- Bake the cake
- Let it cool
- Crumble the baked cake with a fork or a few pulses in a cuisinart
- Mix in enough frosting (store bought or homemade) to make cake crumbles easy to roll into balls
- Melt molding chocolate (dark and/or white)
- Take lollipop sticks (available at Michaels) dip tip in melted chocolate and then insert into cake ball
- Dip cake ball entirely in melted chocolate and decorate with sprinkles
- Place cake pops on a styrofoam block or sturdy box punched with small holes to let the chocolate and decorations set
Make an elegant stand by covering a styrofoam block with pretty paper and insert the finished pops.