Fat Tuesday is March 8th and many will be celebrating. Here are some fun Mardi Gras Cocktail recipes to try with your friends and get a taste of the Big Easy.
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 2 fluid ounces vodka
- 4 fluid ounces cranberry juice
- 1/2 fluid ounce orange juice
Hurricane New Orleans Style
- 1 oz white rum
- 1 oz Jamaican dark rum
- 1 oz Bacardi® 151 rum
- 3 oz orange juice
- 3 oz unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 oz grenadine syrup
- crushed ice
Combine all ingredients, mix well (shake or stir). Pour over crushed ice in hurricane glass. Best enjoyed through a small straw. Garnish with fruit wedge if desired.
- 1 (3 ounce) package red or blue colored instant gelatin mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 (750 milliliter) bottle champagne
1. In a medium bowl, stir together the gelatin mix and boiling water until completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Stir in vodka. Pour the liquid into small paper cups or portion cups. Chill until set, at least 2 hours.
2. Pour champagne into glasses. Break up the gelatin with a fork, and pour into a glass of champagne. A little stir gives it some ‘lava’ action. Drink with caution, these will sneak up on you.