A clever arrangement of food as well as creative ways to present or serve will get guests talking.
Try a paper cone display, not only are they beautiful but practical for guests to hold while snacking and chatting. You can purchase them or make your own with pretty design paper.
Offering a refreshing shot of chilled cucumber or ginger carrot soup in a glass on an ice tray is an elegant touch for any outdoor party.
Use rosemary as a skewer or toothpick. It makes a dramatic statement and adds wonderful flavor to your food.
Create signature hors d’oeuvres with personalized wooden spoons. This is great for fish tartare or caviar.
Asian Tuna Tartare
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 pound sushi grade tuna
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced jalepeno
- 1 1/2 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 1 teaspoon tasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped scallion
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tomato peeled, seeded and diced
- In a bowl combine the olive oil and ginger and let sand at room temperature for at least 2 hours. Strain the oil and set aside.
- Finely dice the tuna. In a large bowl, combine the all the ingredients with 3 teaspoons of ginger infused oil and gently mix. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Place on wooden spoons and drizzle a bit of the ginger oil. Serve immediately.
Chilled Cucumber Soup
- 5 cucumbers
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 1 pint yogurt
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Peel cucumbers and cut them in half, scraping out seeds. Sprinkle the cucumbers with salt and let them stand 30 minutes. Drain excess water.
- Chop the cucumbers coarsely and put the pieces in the blender along with scallions, dill, lemon juice, buttermilk, and yogurt. Blend at high speed. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill well before serving. Serve in shot glasses