While the “Hair of the Dog” – to have another drink in the morning, may be a suggested cure for some with a hangover. Here are 5 Tips to get you back on your feet.
1) Drink lots of water before you go to bed. Sports drinks like Gatorade will help keep you hydrated.
2) Take a hot shower before going to sleep and in the morning. Get maximum re-hydrating effects as your body’s largest organ, the skin, will absorb water and help cleanse any toxins.
3) Rest and get plenty of sleep. Your body needs to recover from a night of partying.
4) Eat something before you go to bed and when you rise. The food will help absorb a night of indulgence and you avoid having a queasy stomach.
5) Take vitamin B12, as alcohol tends to drain B12 from your body so replacing it is a good idea.
Slainte – an Irish Toast “To your health”